Saturday, April 24, 2010

I'm Back...

And so is yard saleing season! Yay!!! I've been waiting all winter for it and it finally showed up. I'm sooo happy. Although, not to be grumpy or anything, it's not been very good so far. So in the mean time, I'll show what I've picked up at the Village lately. Yay, the village is open all the time, all year long, thank the lord...
So starting with new stuff for the new bathroom, I picked up this little glass 'purse' for my black and white theme.

Then there was this great bird plate, I've been obsessed with bird/bird related stuff lately, must be spring fever...

Next up was this vintage picture for the sun room, love the colours on it... More napkin rings for my growing collection of napkins and rings... can you really have too many of these? just askin'...
A few weeks ago, we went to London for a wedding and Donnie 'suggested' (ha) that we stop at the Village there and I quickly agreed to his suggestion.
I spotted this small green lantern base and last week, got the bigger one in the Hamilton Village. Luck, karma, whatever... they're pretty together. I have a bunch of floral frogs and had to have this white one. I've never actually used one the way they are intended but they are way cool. The white one is my latest addition.
K, these were just a fluke. The floral frog was in a bag with a box that said 'candle floral arrangers'??? What the hell??? But I wanted the frog Soooo...
As it turns out, these are so neat. They are plastic cups with slotted top to slip small flower stems thru. Then you slide them over the candle to rest on the candle stick.
Definitely a keeper.I have a thing for pretty glass and crystal candle holders see. And when I see one on it's own, I can't pass it up even though there are 13 at home already. So that's my story. I'm not even sure which one of these is the new one!
I'm not sure about this one, but I'll live with it for a bit. Mary E. fabric decoupaged on a plate. I picked it up cause it was black, for the kitchen. I have to live with it before I decide if it works for me.
The best for last, these dishes were a no brainer! Look at the colour! so what that the mugs weren't there, I can live without mugs.
That's it this week.
I'm going to really try to catch up on all the deals I've got and taken pics of. But don't hold me to that, K?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yeah!!! she's back :) (i just know i'm speaking on behalf of all your peeps out there).
Tracy