Sunday, May 2, 2010

Third Times a Charm...

third week of yard saleing I mean. Miss Tracy tried to read the map while Spike and I drove to about 10 sales Saturday morning. The first two sales did not look promising but we trudged on... until we hit the mother lode! I think we both bought things at every remaining yard sale we hit.

Now Miss Tracy and I have very similar tastes for junk I mean "collectibles" unlike Miss Cindy who still sees it as junk, so I wasn't sure how we'd get along but it was all good!

For example, she spotted this bottle brush wreath right away and even though I have a few she didn't balk when I paid .25 cents for it.
Now there are some yard sales out there that are a bit...'unsavory' for lack of a better word (you know what I'm talkin' 'bout) but we found all this good stuff at one of those sales. Trace picked up this tray for moi...

This scale was sooo dirty, Cindy would never have let me put it in the car. I didn't like the peachy colour printing on it so i retraced it with a black sharpie marker. Looks better now.

This lamp was just as dirty, had no shade and I had to change the light socket on it, but it looks great in the sunroom all cleaned up...

This pretty little bowl is missing it's lid, but it'll hold my jewels just fine.


Now the only reason I picked up this rolling pin was for the colour on the handles. Is that so wrong?!? I have 3 others in the pantry that i already use for baking so don't let on...
K, so Tracy picked up this little saucer for me, cause it's purple and wouldn't you know it, it matches a platter I have displayed in my sitting room. Hello, now that was meant to be!
These little bunnies were brand new in the package. They're sitting on 4 pink napkins and a pile of random lace pieces that I'm not sure what I'll use them for...yet. Oh, and a pile of old zippers to make flower pins out of.

I've mentioned before I collect the flower of the month teacups and have 2 more to get, now I have 1 more to get. Lucked out and picked up April for $3! It's hanging on the teacup tree in the dining room. Last week I saw a pile of zinc top canning jars and didn't think to get any. This week they still had the sale going on with more stuff, so I picked up two blue jars...

And we got a set of 3 chairs and shared them, I got 2, Tracy only wanted one. They look great in the sunroom with their original paint.

Can't remember which sale I got this little cookie jar from, but i know i only spent $1 on it. Looks great with my little flower in it.

Tracy picked up this little brown bottle to go with all the other little bottles I have in the bathroom on display. Thanx Trace.

I've been watching for brown decorated plates to display in the fall and found a nice plate that actually matched the pedestal I have. This jar was kind of cool, it says water on one side and juice on the other. I've never seen one like this before, has anyone? Wonder how old it is? The tulips came from the garden which is desperately in need of weeding, but yard sales were calling....
Tulip with raindrops to leave you with... have a nice week and thanx again Trace, be ready next week with you reading glasses!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kath....what great fun it was yard saleing with you and Spike on Saturday. Can't believe you've already posted pics and blogged on the fab items that were scooped up.
Love how you "black sharpied" the peach out of that vintage weigh scale! You are, without question, the Queen of junque (and I am the princess in training - lol!).
Can't wait for another Saturday morning!
Tracy