Sunday, May 9, 2010

The weather was wild, and so were the sales!

It was getting a little harried out there but we braved the weather and scored some great deals. BFF Cindy, Spike & I braved wind, rain, thunder and even some hail but it was worth every rain drop.
Even though the co-pilot (Cindy) almost lost the list of sales after the first sale... (found it under the truck in the grass!) we had a good time.
I picked up this beautiful cookie tin with the boy and bunny on it. And the enamel ware bowl it's sitting in came from the Sally Anne this week.

Now this was the catch of the day, so to speak. It was just starting to pour buckets of rain when we stopped at our last sale and I spotted this table! $5 bucks! I grabbed it right away. Check out the unique colouring on the top. Obviously the legs have been changed but check out the chippiness of that paint!!! It so fits in the sunroom. Made for the sunroom!

Got this little corner shelf at the same sale. Perfect colour for the retro kitchen.

This little creamer came from the same sale too! My hands were full when i left there! I picked the lily-of-the-valleys this morning.

Think I'll make tassels from these two shakers, they don't have mates

I picked up this tool box and napkins for the fall at our first sale . I'm going to paint the box black and maybe display silverware in jars in it. The rake will be a great piece to hang garden tools from.This plate rack was from a sale last week, but I had to paint out the ugly gold then I placed my cat plates on it. Perfect for the space I needed to fill.
Now, the remaining things came from the village this week. i happened into the store in Hamilton on Monday, and Monday seems to be a good day for shopping there. I got this little black teapot for the shelves in the kitchen.

It's unusual to pickup 4 matching glasses, but i got 4 this time, blue ones too! And found 2 more blue fruit print dinner plates this week at the Sally Anne. Now I've got a set of 6...life is good.

Now I was gearing down in my shopping when I spotted this yoyo quilt at the Village. It was backed by this hideous royal blue cotton, but i saw past that and put it in my cart.
It took me 4 hours to unstitch each and every one of those yoyos from the backing, I'm guessing at least 300 and every single one of them were sewn to the backing fabric! Now, what should I do with it?
Isn't this a pretty pattern for a table cloth. Reminds me of Mary Englebriet stuff.
I could not pass up this little framed lady, look at the colours! Love it! And keeping with my bird theme in the house, I found a few more... this one sits on top of the wall unit with a bunch of bird houses...

And this little guys sits on the sofa table I got from my Ant Mary a few weeks ago. The Fleur-de-lei was brown when i picked it, but a can of black paint can do wonders...Still working on our master bath, but in the mean time, I'm collecting decor pieces for it. Look at these little frames, perfect for a spot in the new 'spa area'. Tiny towels, tiny slippers and tiny toothpaste. Someday, when we have grandkids, they are going to have the coolest vintage nursery ever, thanks to this gramma! I've got a box of baby stuff I've collected in the basement...just waiting...
Tomorrow, I'm picking up the tile for the bathroom and might just stop into the village in the city again, we'll see...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I guess you will have to ask Miss Tract saling this weekend...i have to work :(