Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The Latest from the Yardsale Circuit

Wow, Saturday was THE day for yard sales. There were over 30 in the paper and Tracy & I hit at least 20! Whoo hoo!

K, so lets get started... I picked up this little valentine book full of vintage card images. Going to use it for scrapbooking maybe...
Now i know this teacup came from Home Sense cause I've picked it up there more than once to buy it, then put it back because of the price $12. Got it at a yardsale for $1! Pays to be patient!
I found flannel sheets for $2 each, going to make sleeping pants with the stripes at the bottom hem.
Now, I picked up this brand new, in the package bathrobe for BFF Cindy cause she couldn't attend the festivities, but when i got it home and looked at it, i decided to keep it for moi. She doesn't like 'used' clothes even if they are new... cute eh?
I needed a cast iron frying pan to bake in last week and didn't have one big enough, now I do! The little planter with the dog is on my desk full of pens and the pumpkin will be out on display at Halloween.
I found another mauve plate at the village this week.
Tracy made me get this little frame to put Spikes baby pic in, sorry Bryan...you know who the favorite son is...
Love this mirror, just not sure where to put it yet. $15! Not sure if it's old, but it has a wooden frame.
Some lady was getting rid of a bunch of tacky silk flowers, these were the only ones that were nice. Perfect colour for the living room. The kitty came from the village this week too.
Don and I went to Cdn. Tire Saturday nite and I saw these candle sticks, $12-14 each, i got this set of three for $3.
These two little bowls came from the village, so pretty.
I don't usually pickup books, but since they kicked me out of the library for carrying Spike with me, I'm having to borrow from friends. So now they can borrow from me! 25 cents each!
I have a collection of old medicine bottles that I added this first aid tin and adhesive tape container to. The book is really cool, it has a leather cover and great printing inside.
Beautiful black and silver candlestick from the village for the kitchen.
And i guess that's it. Haven't been to the village this week. This weekend is the long weekend so the sales should be plentiful! Can't wait, who's comin' with me? Spike's in for sure!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ok, i am in for this week, i want the red robe (maybe you could wash it for me first) and when you say 25cents for the books, is that the borrowers fee or is that what you paid?
c