Monday, May 31, 2010

Better Late than Never!

This post is a week late because my week was so damn buzy! Theatre tickets, hair cuts, Girl's get-together. Not enough time to blog! But I'm holding up my end of the deal and showing what i picked up yard saleing 2 weeks ago. Hopefully last weeks pics will show up here before Saturday!
BFF Cindy and Miss Connie braved the pouring rain with Spike and I. Sorry you guys didn't score like i did, but hey, there's always next time...
we can't all be winners, just sayin'...
So, to get started, i found this cream pillow for my bedroom, perfect.
I had picked up 2 of these napkin rings months ago at the Village, then I spotted 4 more at a yard sale! Score! i have a thing for napkins and napkin rings...weird...
A little ceramic muffin baking pan, love the little blueberries on it.
I got this little pitcher, which one? The milkglass one. Miss Connie looked at it but put it back so I grabbed it. hehe.
This poor lid was all by itself, i thought it would look nice displayed on a plate holder. Perfect in the retro kitchen.
At one point, the rain was just pouring down, but that didn't stop us. Miss Cindy found this cool glass etched pitcher, perfect for ice tea. Love the shape.
You don't very often see cloches at yard sales, so I snagged this one as soon as I spotted it.
This was THE find of the day. I entertain often and this chafing dish is just the ticket! Brand new too!
A little set of mixing bowls...
I had bought these pink glasses at Pier 1 awhile back and these little bowls match perfectly.
This plate was just pretty, looks nice on the mantle in the cottage room.
We went to a sale advertising craft supplies. Now, I do not need any more 'supplies' but I couldn't stop myself. The lady had these beaded ornaments for $1, 12 of them!
I'm always looking for holiday decor all year. Picked up this halloween candle holder for next year.
And I think I was most happy with this purchase. Actually, it was free. When i was little, I read this book all the time. The stories were indian tales, sometimes scary but always with a lesson to be learned. It was written by a woman who lived on the bush near here. And I always practiced drawing the pictures from the book, especially the creepy hand one.
That's it for now. I'll take pics of this weeks stuff and get it posted so I'm not behind. Take care now...

No comments: