Thursday, June 3, 2010

I Live for Saturday Mornings...

There wasn't an inch of room left in the truck when Miss Tracy and I finished yard saleing last week! In fact, after the last sale, she had to put what she got on her lap for the ride home and Spike had to straddle the console!!! But we got some great stuff, ooooweeee...


Sooo, I got some more dishes this week... aren't they pretty, 4 plates and 4 mugs, from Martha Stewart... and this pretty doily to use with them.
There was one sale for charity, fill up a box for $5! I'm on it. Picked up this tray, looks metal, but it's plastic, still pretty though.Miss Tracy has such a good eye for stuff, she found this spoon for moi. Too rusty to use, but looks good in the vintage kitchen.

A couple of shakers to make tassels out of, a little brown transferware plate and a cool old mirror that sits in the sunroom now. I love yardsales put on by little old ladies who stash stuff in card boxes, wrapped in elastic bands... the box actually caught my eye first, then...

it was full of old seam binding and ricrac.

These hankies were also stored in an old elastic wrapped box, 20 of them! Got the linen table cloth too.

Saturday was the day for Scabble games, 4 of them. Plan on making more of these...

Now this is an odd one, a scoop made out of a tin can. The lady said her uncle's had made them as kids and they were atleast 60 years old. Using it in the cat food jar.
This red rack is great for just displaying my stuff...
I picked up this pitcher at the Village this week, but the wine glasses came from the $5 box yardsale. Don't they suit the kitchen perfectly?!
Another little pitcher, bought it cause it was cute...
and I bought this one cause it was milkglass.
I have a few old photo albums and add the blue one to them this week. None of them have ever been used. Someday, I'll use them.
Another pretty linen runner with matching napkins. Oh, and a picture frame that was originally priced at $12! In the $5 box.
I got this for my Dad, cause he likes Indian stuff.
Oh, another chenille bedspread, pink too!
This had to be THE score of the day, 3 black ladder-back chairs with woven seats, $20... for all 3! They replace my good chairs for the summer in the kitchen.
Again, a project to work on, a set of cannisters with the decals worn off. Think I may paint the bases cream and stencil words or numbers on the front, leaving the lids red. What do ya think?
A little winter plaque, thought it looked vintagey.
I'm always looking for odd and ends that are black for the kitchen, these little boots fit the ticket.
The lady I bought this from kept saying 'it's really old, really old...' when i asked her the price. I got the basket for $5 including the chenille spread above!
K, that's it. Told ya we got a bunch of stuff and that's only what I got...! Can't wait for Saturday!

No comments: