Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Just Some Village Shoppin'...

I just can't help it, whenever I get a chance to go to the city, I'd rather shop at the Value Village than any fancy mall. What does that say about me I wonder? You never know what you'll find, stuff you didn't even know you needed! I love it.
Last week it was 2 trips into the city, so that equals 2 trips to the village! Yeah!!
I found a set of 6 wine glasses that are kind of blue/mauve coloured. Not very often do you get 6 altogether. Score!

This tiny little teapot was too cute to pass on.
I thought I'd scrape off the roses on this vintage jar, but I kind of like them now that I have it home. Going to store tealites in it for the sunroom. Now, were these made for me or what! The Queen of Everything and the King of the Castle. I usually call Donnie the "King of Whatever's Left".This candle holder got a spray job as soon as it got home. It's black now.
This is my new snack jar in the kitchen. It doesn't say "snacks" on it so no one looks in it!
I picked up two tablecloths this week, one for the patio, black and red cross stitch and the other may be a skirt in the near future, as soon as I find a good pattern for it.
Three glass flowerpot vases, great for the last of my peonies.
I hate the milk jugs that you have to use for bag milk. I spotted this jug and thought "Perfect"!
Tiny little knickknacky box matches a vase I had already.
I'm a sucker for hand painted china and this little dish caught my eye and landed in the cart without a thought. Look at the colours on it.
The brass container also got a black paint job. It sits on the counter filled with jar for my silverware. Replaces the wooden box from a few weeks ago that didn't really work for me.
You know when you're on the lookout for something to match something at home? I thought I scored 3 wineglasses to match 3 I picked up at a yardsale last week. Yeah, they're blue, and skinny, and pretty, but they couldn't be any different! Guess my memory isn't what it once was!
That's it for Value Village shopping this week. Stay tuned for the yardsale goodies.

No comments: